At 14’508 ft. Mt. Whitney is the highest point of the contiguous United States. We take the slower, longer road to get there on this 6 day backpacking trip crossing onto the Pacific Crest Trail into the deep Sierra and all it’s grandeur. We prefer this route for many reasons:
- It is much less crowded than the main Whitney Trail
- Beautiful scenery of alpine lakes and breath-taking views
- Starting the hike at nearly 10,000 ft. and spending multiple days makes for better acclimatization
- Many options to lighten your load are possible, including pack services, luxury trips or hiring a porter
- If you didn’t get a Whitney Trail overnight permit and don’t want to do a more technical route, this could be the perfect fit
We offer this trip several times per summer between June and October, including a women’s only trip, but can also offer exclusive dates for your convenience (must have at least 2 people to run a trip).